Become a financial planner of the future with BS ISO 22222:2005 – the only international quality standard for personal financial planners
Whether you are an independent financial adviser or planner or work for a financial institution providing personal finance services, it’s important to keep up to date with the latest global best practice standards.
BS ISO 22222:2005 has been created with the objective of achieving and promoting consumer confidence by providing an internationally agreed benchmark for a high global standard of personal financial advice.
This standard specifies requirements and provides a framework that applies to the ethical behaviour, competencies and experience of a professional personal financial planner, regardless of their employment status.
The core six steps of the personal financial planning process are:
- establishing and defining the client and personal financial planner relationship
- gathering client data and determining goals and expectations
- analysing and evaluating the client’s financial status
- developing and presenting the financial plan
- implementing the financial planning recommendations
- monitoring the financial plan and the financial planning relationship.
The high-level benchmark of best practice is supported by the requirements of:
- ethical behaviour and financial planning
- information security, client confidentiality and data protection
- risk management
- continual improvement.
By adhering to the requirements of BS ISO 22222: 2005, personal financial planners are able to demonstrate commitment and dedication to continual improvement and make sure that their clients’ needs truly are at the heart of what they do.
Want to prove you’re the best in the business?
Click here today to find out more about how certification to ISO 22222 can benefit you.
“I would recommend attaining this internationally recognised award to stand out from the crowd.” – Darron Whitehead, Utopia Group